Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Impatiently Waiting

So my better half has filled you in a bit about what is going on in our little world. Yes we are expecting our first child and we are absolutely thrilled! So to say this story unfolded in an unorthodox way is an understatement. Conception was magic. No...I didn't pull a rabbit out of a hat (how funny would that have been though?). It was just the right time. When two people are connected and their lives have prepared them to recognize that they have finally met the one.

So in the midst of this excitement of feeling like you just conquered the dating game...we discover our 'efforts' have blessed us with a baby. Whoa! Seriously? Ummm...how about getting to know one another a little better. Maybe do some traveling, going out on the town with no inhibitions, or the occasional yoga session or even rock climbing. Well, some of those things will just need to wait for now. Being pregnant won't allow it. But on the flip side, we have grown so much closer because of it. Some would say too close as Mama C is ever expanding and our poor full size bed is shrinking daily. Sadly, I think I may have put on more weight than her so most of the blame lies with me.

Well, we are here now. We are half way there and my patience wanes by the second. I can't wait to meet this kid! We still don't know if it's a girl or boy, but either way it is going to be off the hook! I have some experience with babies, especially girls as I have three little sisters. I love them dearly and can totally see letting our little princess wrap me around her finger. But alas, I think of what it would be like to have a son and it feels totally different. Different species all together. My boy! My little rugrat. Wrestling, teaching him how to throw a curveball, how to fail at math...the thoughts of a son seem to run rampant in my head. I will truly be happy either way. A girl just scares me because my heart may burst with love and I don't know if I can remain the man I am this day if it's a girl. I don't know...it will just floor me....

Stay tuned for more folks. I will post frequently about our trials and tribulations. Our laughter, our tears and everything in between. The next four months will be wild. We'll feel our baby moving, I will be hoping chicken appeals more to Mama C, and our nesting will be bring us ready for this new additon to our family. Can't wait! Good night for now.

No comments: