Wednesday, March 19, 2008

10 Things They Don't Tell You About Pregnancy

1. You are actually pregnant for ten months, not nine! On that same note, they actually consider you pregnant before you actually conceived.

Papa's take: Wednesday marked 5 months since our first date. Doctor says we are 5 1/2 months pregnant. Do the math!!

2. No soft cheese! I already knew about no raw fish, caffeine or alcohol, but no soft cheese?

3. Bladder leakage. This is a fun thing I have recently learned about after a sneeze in a public place.

Papa's take: Ask Mama about the gym! Just ask!

4. The appetite of a five year old. I figured I'd have some nausea, maybe some up-chuck, but I didn't think I'd become finicky. Up until the last couple of weeks, my diet consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cheese pizza, apples, mint chip ice cream, crackers and Fruity Pebbles.

5. Massive boobs. I figured they'd grow a bit, but from a B to a D! Whoa! And they are supposed to get bigger once the baby comes?

Papa's take: Daddy likes:)

6. Quick gag reflex. It doesn't take much these days to make me gag. Just telling me a somewhat gross story will get me started with the dry heaves (and on a couple of occasions, has sent me running to the bathroom!)

Papa's take: Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't go there!

7. Gas. I can no longer claim that I don't ever fart. Guess what everyone, I do!

Papa's take: It took 5 months but Mama let one slip in my presence...classic!

8. Occasional shortness of breath. Some days I can do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine no problem, others, I can barely climb the one flight of stairs to our apartment.

9. Acid Reflux. Nuf' said.

10. Snoring. I don't think I've ever snored before, but apparently now I'm a chain saw (this weeks sound is that of a choo choo train).

Papa's take: Seriously...it is making me consider ear plugs.

No comments: