Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dear Little One #4

Dear Little One,

Today you are officially 25 full in-utero weeks old.  I can't believe you will be here in the next 14 weeks.  Daddy and I have started getting ready for you - arranging our apartment to create a nursery, washing your new little clothes that you will grow out of far too quickly, touring the hospital, enrolling in classes etc.  14 weeks seems like such a long time, but there is a lot to do before then.  Your Grandma and Grandpa G sent a puzzle stool with your name on it, that we couldn't resist assembling and putting in the "Hadley" area (it's so cute, I can just imagine you sitting on it with your little pig-tales, reading a book).

I feel you swimming around my belly everyday.  You seem to get the hiccups often, which, according to "What to Expect, When You're Expecting," is not uncomfortable for you, very normal and we do enjoy the entertainment.  Sometimes I think that you must have a twin in there or you are stretched out completely, tickling both sides of my tummy.  The doctor tells us there is just you, and we are so excited.

It's amazing how you can feel love for something so immediately. I've been in love with you since the moment I learned about you.  Everyday that love grows more and more as my belly expands more and more (and it is expanding, as it should).

Hadley, I am counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds until your arrival.  While I am frightened of the delivery process, I can't wait to be admitted to that hospital, hooked up to all of those monitors and know that your arrival is very close. I can't wait to meet you, to hold you in my arms, to see your daddy hold you (he is jealous that I get to carry you inside of me and feel you all day) and to introduce you to the rest of your family and our friends who have been anxiously awaiting your arrival.  Keep on growing strong and healthy, giving me some good left hooks in the rib cage from time to time so I know you are there.

Much love,
Mom

No comments: