Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dear Little One #6

Dear Little One,

Today you and I visited the midwife to check on your progress and things couldn't be better.  You are growing at a perfect rate, sitting in my belly properly, your heart is beating nice and strong and your effects on my body are just as they should.  Every time we visit the midwife she is able to find your little heartbeat a little quicker than the last time, which puts my nerves at ease.

I have been seeing a midwife nurse who reports to a doctor since, at this point, the pregnancy is as low risk as it gets.  I really like the midwife - very down to earth and calming.  She puts any concerns I have at ease, which is wonderful with a first time worrier mom like me.  I hope she will be available to deliver you into the world in July as I think she will be a nice face for you to see upon your entry to the outside world.

We received your stroller yesterday.  I was so excited that I insisted on assembling it, even though you are not due for another three months.  Your crib arrives on Monday and we can start assembling your new bedroom soon.  I am very excited (and I think your dad is too).  All of these things makes your pending arrival more real.

Daddy and I just returned from a trip to Oahu's North Shore.  We spent a week swimming, playing on the beach, kayaking, snorkling and hiking together.  It was such a wonderful, relaxing trip for both of us.  We enjoyed watching you kick (I think you loved the beach and ocean as much as we did) and talking about what we will do when we bring you back to Oahu once you are big enough to enjoy it.  I am so looking forward to that trip and seeing  it through the eyes of a little person.

Hadley, I think about you every moment of every day.  While it is still so unreal, I can not wait until you get here.  So many people are excited about your arrival, but no one is more excited than your daddy and I.  Keep on growing nice and strong and kick me all you want because it makes me feel good to know you are OK.

I love you.

Mom

No comments: